La Floridita – Cuba

Collection: ,
Artist: Charles Avalon
Item Ref: PEL322
Unframed, 100% cotton paper.
Limited edition of 280
Dimensions: 97 x 63.5 cms

Price £395.00

‘Havana Good Time’: First opened in 1817, El Floridita can still be found in its original Havana location, although for the first 100 years of its existence it was named La Piña de Plata (the silver pineapple). Catalan immigrant, Constantino Ribalaigua Vert, nicknamed Constante, became the owner in 1918 and is credited for inventing the frozen daiquiri in the early 1930s, a drink that became linked to the fame of the place, whose motto is now ‘la cuna del daiquiri’ (the cradle of the daiquiri). Favoured haunt of Hemingway, along with a host of other prominent socialites and intellectuals of the time, it is acknowledged as being one of the best bars in the world.

View in a room